The Aquarena site represents one of Worthing’s prime residential development opportunities. Located just to the east of the town centre it is situated immediately on the seafront parade next to the £20m Splashpoint leisure centre. The site offers real potential for high quality signature architecture that can provide a strong statement of Worthing’s ambition and a new landmark for the town.
- 0.7 hectare site
- Approximately 120 residential units
- Retail units
- Public car park
- A developer has been confirmed for the site and, following an initial refusal, worked up a new scheme that was subsequently approved in early 2017.
- The sale of the site from the Council to Roffey Homes took place in September 2017.
- Demolition of the site and construction of the development is expected in early 2018.
- Located within Worthing’s Central Ward, this is five minutes walk from town centre and a one minute walk from the beach. The site also fronts the A259, therefore allowing for easy transport connections along the coast.
Work on redeveloping the Bayside site in Worthing is progressing at great speed - with the former Aquarena leisure centre now reduced to a few piles of concrete and containers of metal. Contractors on behalf of Roffey Homes started work on the plot in Brighton Road in...read more
Adur and Worthing's reputation as a place on the move towards a better future is to be underlined in a new publication. Building AW is a bright, informal 26-page online publication which will keep residents and businesses across both areas up-to-date with all the...read more
Plans for the £45 million redevelopment of Worthing's former Aquarena has taken a big step forward - after developer Roffey Homes took formal ownership of the seafront site. Planning permission for the redevelopment of the site to provide 141 homes including a...read more