To support Worthing’s extensive development portfolio, there is a requirement to improve the public realm and retail circuits in the town centre. Montague Street sits at the retail zone and represents an opportunity to enliven the town centre to support independent businesses and national retail outlets.
The project is split into 7 phases and, once complete, will stretch from Chapel Road (to the east) and Crescent Road (to the west). This project is being led by West Sussex County Council with the support of Worthing Borough Council.
- Improvement to the public realm in Worthing town centre
- Split into 7 phases
- Improved way-finding and improved sense of place
- Phase 1 has recently been completed in the heart of the town centre; this included re-paving, new way finding and modernised seating and performance spaces.
- Phase 1 was officially opened on 23rd September 2016 by the Leader of West Sussex County Council.
- Subsequent phases are being considered in terms of investment and design.
- The main retail street in Worthing, this houses a number of independent businesses and national retail outlets. It has direct access to the A259 and has the potential create excellent connections with local seafront attractions.