Positioned west of Shoreham Airport and the main town centre, the site lies adjacent to the A27. With direct access to this major arterial route and a central location within the Adur and Worthing region, the proposed new dwellings at New Monks Farm offer significant opportunities to those seeking to make the most of the whole area.
- 600 new residential units
- New commercial facility
- Country Park
- New A27 Junction
- The site has been acquired by a development consortium in 2015.
- The developers have submitted a planning application in July 2017; this includes 600 dwellings (Cala Homes), new community facility, a school and an IKEA store.
- This development is running in parallel with the Adur Local Plan, therefore It is anticipated the application will be considered late 2017/early 2018 once the Local Plan inspectors report has been received.
- Local Growth Fund investment has been secured from Coast to Capital to help facilitate this development.
- This site lies at the centre of Adur and Worthing with excellent links to the A27 and A259. These connections enable fast connections to Brighton and Hove to the East and Worthing, and beyond, to the West. The site is 20 minutes walk from Shoreham town centre and train station.
New Monks Farm location
A decision on plans to redevelop New Monks Farm in Lancing has been deferred by members of Adur District Council's planning committee. The application by New Monks Farm Development, a subsidiary of Brighton and Hove Albion FC, included proposals to provide 600 homes...read more
The public papers for one of the largest planning applications in Adur District Council's history have now gone live. Councillors on the planning committee will meet next week (Wednesday 18th July 2018) at the Sir Robert Woodard Academy in Upper Boundstone Lane,...read more
Adur Planning Committee - Wednesday, 18th July 2018 - papers for the meeting (report and agenda) now available The date for a meeting to decide on a planning application to build 600 new homes and an IKEA superstore at New Monks Farm has been announced. Adur District...read more