Located in a prime position within the town centre, this site lies adjacent to the High Street, opposite Waitrose and next to the independent Connaught Theatre. The site offers potential to reinvigorate this part of the town centre, building on the successful evening economy offer of nearby Warwick Street. Prominent street frontages on two sides provide the opportunity for prime new retail and leisure accommodation, with adjoining residential. A larger phased development could be facilitated through the inclusion of adjoining land.
- Approximately 150 new residential units
- 6 Restaurants
- 6/7 screen ‘multiplex’ cinema
- Ongoing dialogue with landowners to discuss latest designs and commercial developments.
- An Options Appraisal is currently underway to determine the best quantum of the development for the location and wider economic impacts.
- Local Growth Fund allocation has been secured from Coast to Capital to assist in developing this site.
- This site is in the heart of the Worthing town centre and is a six minute walk from Worthing hospital and Worthing train station. The main retail hub is directly to the South West of the site with the seafront in easy walking distance.