This site lies at the heart of Worthing’s civic hub set within a leafy area on the edge of the main shopping precincts. The site has few constraints with potential to consolidate and rationalise existing public sector functions set around the existing Council offices and listed art gallery. A more efficient use of the site will allow residential uses to be introduced in a way that helps assimilate the site into the adjoining, established, residential streets.
- 1.5 hectare site
- Prospective residential units
- Potential health facilities
- Current Council car park
- The plan received backing by councillors in December 29016, who released funding received through the Cabinet Office’s One Public Estate programme.
- CCG are working with the Council to explore scope for relocating existing medical centres to create a new Medical Centre Hub.
- Consultants were appointed to prepare a feasibility report for the site. The report proposed the new development could comprise two GP practices, Community Health services, Mental health services, Community Nursing, Social Care teams and a Pharmacy.
- Options are also being prepared on how to maximise residential development on the remainder of the site.
- Situated in the Central Ward, on the outskirts of the main shopping precinct, this site is in easy walking distance of the shops and main town centre amenities. It’s three minutes walk from Worthing train station and six minutes walk from Worthing hospital.